Total Quality Management (TQM) is a management philosophy that seeks to integrate all organizational functions (marketing, finance, design, engineering, and production, customer service, etc.) to focus on meeting customer needs and organizational objectives. Total Quality Management is a combined measure of the culture, attitude and organization of a company that strives to provide customers with products and services that satisfy their needs. The culture requires quality in all aspects of the company's operations, with processes being done right the first time and defects and waste eradicated from operations. Total Quality Management, TQM, is a method by which management and employees can become involved in the continuous improvement of the production of goods and services. It is a combination of quality and management tools aimed at increasing business and reducing losses due to wasteful practices.
Although originally applied to manufacturing operations, and for a number of years only used in that area, TQM is now becoming recognized as a generic management tool, just as applicable in service and public sector organizations. There are a number of evolutionary strands, with different sectors creating their own versions from the common ancestors.
The objective of the programme is to enrich the participants about the principles of quality and Total quality Management in an organization. This programme will help the participants to understand the implications of quality expectations of the customers, design and implement systems and methods to achieve the simple objective of TQM , that is "Do the right things, right the first time, every time".
Workshop topics to be covered:
· Elements and Principles of Total Quality Management (TQM)
· Traditional Vs Modern Quality Management
· Dimensions of quality and Emerging Quality Standards
· TQM Gurus; TQM and BPR.
· Quality control, quality assurance and quality management.
SESSION III & IV
· Implementation of TQM principles :
---Quality Management systems.
---Continuous Process improvement.
---Employee involvement and empowerment.
---Customer focus and supplier partnership.
---Quality Function Deployment (QFD).
SESSION I & II
· Fundamentals of Statistical Process Control.
---Check sheet and analytical tools.
---Project Task Map
---Quality circles and quality control tools.
· Total Preventive Maintenance
· Taguchi’s quality loss function.
· Deming’s philosophy on Leadership.
· ISO certifications: ISO 9000 and ISO 14000.
· Quality management through Six Sigma
· Just In Time/Demand Flow Manufacturing
· Transition management in TQM implementation.