A supply chain is a network of all firms and relationships that get a product to market, including the original acquisition of raw materials; production of the item at a manufacturing facility; distribution to a retailer; sale of the finished item to the customer, and any installation, repair, or service activities that follow the sale. How to effectively manage the supply chain is a central issue for all levels of management, regardless of industry. More demanding customers, the Internet, and digital technology, growing competitive pressures, and globalization create new opportunities and challenges on how supply chains should be configured and managed. Many innovations and new business models have emerged, arising from application of information technology and reconfiguration of the supply chain network.
Workshop topics to be covered:
This workshop has been designed and tailored by Mr. Ejazur Rahman amassing his over a decade experience in working and managing the Supply Chain function of a reputed global manufacturing and marketing organization. The workshop also has the benefit of the resource person's affiliation with various professional organization and trainings that he received in various reputed global institutes. The workshop therefore brings a blend of hands-on practical insights as well as intelligent academic extracts, and helps attendees identify quick hits in their Supply Chain operations with tremendous high returns. Furthermore, this workshop leverages Supply Chain Industry Best practices from several key benchmarks from benchmarking firms.
- Supply Chain Management – What and Why?
- Objectives of a Supply Chain
- Decision Phases in a Supply Chain
- Process Views of a Supply Chain
- Supply Chain Performance : Achieving Strategic Fit
- Drivers of Supply Chain Performance
- Designing the Supply Chain Network
- Demand and Supply Planning in a Supply Chain
- Planning and Managing Inventory
- Designing and Planning Transportation Networks
- Cross-functional Drivers in a Supply Chain
- Achieving Supply Chain Excellence in a manufacturing/service organization