Budget Planning & Control
This course will provide participants with an overview of the financial cycle; budgeting techniques and how to deal with changes and variances as well as providing advice and guidance on how to monitor and control a budget and how to prepare a Budget.
Workshop topics to be covered:
1. Describe the concept of budgetary control.
2. The Role of Budgeting in Planning and Control
3. Budgeting Instruction & guideline
4. Budget timetable
5. Budget Team
6. Budget Types
7. Evaluate the usefulness of budget reports.
8. Explain the development of flexible budgets and the usefulness of flexible budget reports.
9. Cash Forecast
10. Explain the basis and formula used in evaluating performance in investment centers.
11. Standard costing and variance analysis
12. Variance analysis and responsibility accounting
a. Cost centers
b. Cost units
c. Cost elements
13. Capital Budgeting Techniques
14. Case Study