RMG industry is the biggest sector in Bangladesh. Major foreign currency earning comes from this sector and it is remarkable that 2 million workers are working in this sector of which almost 80% workers are female and 20% are male. Due to this industry, a good number of backward linkage sector, Bank, Insurance and others business related industries have been established in our country. But this sector is now facing a challenging situation due to open market; withdraw of quota system, Generalized System of Preference (GSP) and MFA-phase out, etc.
Since 2005, the Quota free system started in the RMG industry and at the same time, international buyers are emphasizing the issue of Compliance. Before placing the orders at the factory, buyers are auditing the factories to assess the labor standards and checking working environment, occupational safety and health, industrial relation and management systems.
Gradually, international buyers are prioritizing the garment suppliers to take prior approval of social compliance audit report whether the suppliers are meeting the buyers code of conduct, ILO conventions, SA8000, WRAP standard etc.
Social compliance auditing is a way of measuring and reporting on an organization’s social and ethical performance. An organization, which takes on an audit, makes itself accountable to workers' rights and society.
Recently, social compliance auditing practice is increasing but due to lack of proper academic training, almost all auditors are facing problem to conduct actual audit.
Objectives of the training:
1. To build the appropriate auditing capacity for Social Compliance Auditors on garments, accessories, tannery and others sector so on.
2. To enhance the knowledge of Administration and HR Officers and Executives, on compliance and auditing.
3. To create job opportunities in international buyers offices buying house and garment industry.
4. To disseminate experiences to other exporting industry or any other business or commercial organizations.
5. To build capacity of the factories on compliance and auditing system.
Workshop topics to be covered:
1. Problem and prospect of RMG industry
2. Compliance and audit
3. Necessity of Audit and Factory management’s role
4. Concept of Social Compliance Audit
5. Types of Social Compliance Audit
--• 1st Party Audit
--• 2nd Party Audit
--• 3rd Party Audit
--• Internal and External Audit
--• Quality System Audit
--• Other Types of Audit
6. Good Audit Management Requirements
--• Planning and preparation
--• Accurate and actual fact findings
7. Good Meeting Practice
8. Opening & Closing Meetings
9. Opening Meeting Agenda
10. Team Liaison Meeting
11. Intermediate & coordination meetings (Auditees and audit team members)
12. Auditor Attitude
13. Auditor Responsibility
14. Team Leader’s Responsibility
15. Auditees Responsibility
16. Role Play of Participants
17. Major Auditing Areas
18. Group Presentations
19. Virtual factory tour
20. Audit Report Preparation
21. Closing Meeting
22. Closing Meeting Agenda
23. Corrective Action Plan
24. Follow-up Audit
25. Film Show
26. Closing of training and certificate distribution