WHY THIS COURSE IS IMPORTANT?
In the context of a highly competitive business environment, the need for professionalism cannot be over - emphasised. This should apply to all levels of employees as professonalism entails:
- Acquisition of Knowledge
- Development of Skills
- Adherence to Disciplines
- Functioning as a Leader
Considering the challenging role of the modern Secretary towards maximising and enhancing the Boss's performance, it is imperative that they function with a professional focus. Quite often we find Confidential Secretaries functioning as glorified Stenographers.
In a fast changing business environment, it is important that the Confidential Secretary clearly understands the new, dynamic role she has to play and focus on developing management skills.
They say that "Behind every successful man there is a woman". By the same token it is not wrong to say that "Behind every successful Executive is a competent Confidential Secretary". The Modern Secretary, thus has a more dynamic role to play in maximising the productivity of high powered Executives.
She should be well equipped and well versed with modern Management disciplines and function as a Professional Manager - in fact, she should manage the Boss.
This intensive Training Seminar has been carefully designed and developed over the years to achieve this objective. The methodology employed will facilitate effective interaction and develop a positive approach and a winning attitude.
COURSE HIGHLIGHTS / BENEFITS
This Seminar offers a 8- point Benefit Formula. At the conclusion of the Seminar Participants will be able to:
The new role of the Confidential Secretary and the need for Professionalism in competitive Business.
Skills, Knowledge, Disciplines and Leadership vital for the Modern Secretary.
The professional approach to managing the total job function.
The importance of effective Communication in Management.
The systems, barriers and disciplines of effective Communication and the use of persuasive language.
The moods and needs of the Boss and be one step ahead.
The Boss's management style and the art of "Managing the Boss".
On Telephone courtesies and disciplines.
Workshop topics to be covered:
8.45 OPENING FORMALITIES
- WELCOME / SEMINAR OBJECTIVES
- INTRODUCTION OF COURSE DIRECTOR
9.00 MODULE I - PROFESSIONALISM & THE EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
- PROFESSIONALISM & THE COMPETITIVE MARKET
- THE PROFESSIONAL ROLE OF THE EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
- PROFESSIONALISM – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, DISCIPLINES & LEADERSHIP
- VITAL DISCIPLINES FOR ENHANCED PRODUCTIVITY
- CO-OPERATION IN SILENCE - ICE BREAKER
10.35 PRESENTATIONS BY GROUP LEADERS - EXERCISE
- ANALYSIS OF PRESENTATIONS
- TEAM WORK IN OFFICE - VIDEO
11.15 MODULE 2 - EFFECTIVE ORAL COMMUNICATION
- PRINCIPLES OF EFFECTIVE ORAL COMMUNICATION
- THE MESSAGE CHAIN" & DISTORTION - EXERCISE
- SYSTEMS & BARRIERS OF COMMUNICATION
- JUMPING THE GUN – THE WRITTEN WORD - EXERCISE
- LISTENING SKILLS - EXERCISE
- YOUR RATING AS A LISTENER - EXERCISE
14.00 MODULE 3 - THE FINE ART OF MANAGING YOUR BOSS
- MANAGING YOUR BOSS - WORKSHOP
- PRESENTATIONS BY TEAM LEADERS - EXERCISE
- ANALYSIS OF PRESENTATIONS BY TEAM LEADERS - DISCUSSION
- UNDERSTANDING THE NEEDS AND DEMANDS OF THE BOSS
- COMPREHENDING THE MANAGEMENT STYLE OF YOUR BOSS
- DISCIPLINES OF MANAGING YOUR BOSS
15.30 MODULE 4 - TELEPHONE DISCIPLINES & COURTESIES
- "DO'S & DON’T'S" - TELEPHONE DISCIPLINES - WORKSHOP
- PRESENTATIONS BY GROUP LEADERS - EXERCISE
- TELEPHONE DISCIPLINES & COURTESIES
- PRACTICAL TIPS ON THE PURSUASIVE MESSAGE
16.30 SEMINAR EVALUATION
16.45 CLOSE OF SEMINAR