In order to place the proposed Training Seminar in its correct perspective, it is necessary to give a broad overview of the current Market trends and the function of Selling, with a total Marketing orientation. To sell your Product or service with a Marketing orientation an understanding of the modern Marketing Concept and the skilful application of the Elements of the Marketing Mix, must be clearly understood.
A reference to some facets of current Markets is relevant to facilitate a fuller understanding of the current marketing situation.
CURRENT MARKET TRENDS
With advanced technology and fierce foreign competition, inter-alia, Companies have to face many challenges. In this context, reliance on a professional approach is imperative to realize declared objectives. This is the need of the Hour!
The different Markets cannot be viewed as homogenous ones due to their economic, ethnic, demographic and cultural diversity. The complex nature of Markets must be clearly understood by those engaged in marketing goods and services. Markets by nature, are in a constant state of flux and the following common trends are evident:
- Fast-changing Customer Habits and Attitudes.
- Increasing Consumer Demand for new, improved Products.
- Steadily increasing Competition and Promotional activity.
- The role of the Trade changing from a “Buyer” to a “Seller”.
- Consumer patronage shift from small Retail Outlets to Supermarkets.
- Emergence of women & youth as powerful decision-making groups.
- Demand for an improved and personalized total Service.
To maximize opportunities, the skillful handling of all Marketing inputs is fast becoming increasingly important. Conducting the Sales and Distribution operation which in scope is quite diverse, should be supported by a total Marketing effort. Maximizing Sales and productivity to a great extent depends on the ability of Companies to effectively handle the Key Account management function effectively. They must demonstrate that they have a complete understanding of the Markets and the Customers’ total business.
Effective Key Account management and developing professional Selling Skills with a Marketing orientation is the core competency which will presented through this Training Seminar.
Workshop topics to be covered:
- WELCOME ADDRESS
- SEMINAR OBJECTIVES / INTRODUCTION OF COURSE DIRECTOR
MODULE I - PROFESSIONALISM & THE COMPETITIVE MARKET
- PROFESSIONALISM & THE COMPETITIVE MARKET
- THE SALESMAN’S NEW ROLE AS A PROFESSIONAL
- PROFESSIONALISM – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, DISCIPLINES & LEADERSHIP
- THE ROLE OF THE SALESMAN IN THE TOTAL MARKETING OPERATION
MODULE 2 - WHY KEY ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT & PROFESSIONAL SELLING SKILLS?
- WHY KEY A/C MANAGEMENT & SELLING SKILLS? - READ/EXERCISE
- PRESENTATIONS BY TEAM LEADERS
- BENEFITS OF KEY ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT - DISCUSSION
MODULE 3 - KEY ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPING CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS
- DEVELOPING RELATIONSHIPS - WORKSHOP
- PRESENTATIONS BY TEAM LEADERS - EXERCISE
- ANALYSIS OF VIDEO PRESENTATION - DISCUSSION
- BUYING REASON AND THE BUYING DECISION
- OVERCOMING OBJECTIONS WITH TACT AND DIPLOMACY
MODULE 4 - KEY ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT & SPECIAL SERVICES
-DILLY DALLY COMPANY LIMITED - CASE STUDY
-PRESENTATIONS BY WORKSHOP CHAIRMEN - EXERCISE
-ANALYSIS OF PRESENTATIONS - DISCUSSION
-CUSTOMER CLASSIFICATION, THE PARETO PRINCIPLE
-FOCUS AREAS FOR CUSTOMER PROFILES
-CONFLICT & COOPERATION, SELLER’S & CUSTOMER’S GOALS - LECTURE
-SPECIAL SERVICES TO KEY CUSTOMERS
-SEMINAR EVALUATION & CLOSING FORMALITIES
CLOSE OF SEMINAR