Make better business decisions with a keen insight for the business numbers
Feel the confidence you need to work with financial professionals
Extend your professional skills...add career value
Create initiatives to optimize business to meet short- and long-term goals. See the underlying business dynamics of funds flow.
Eliminate decision-making guesswork so you can assure delivery of the results you promise
Build cooperative working relationships with financial professionals that enhance your organizational value
“Think Finance” and see how to transform performance measures into financial results.
The accounting process—recording transactions in an organization’s accounting system
Generally accepted accounting principles—what they are and how they affect your organization’s books
Financial statement analysis—interpreting the financial signals of your company.
Annual reports—evaluate the health of an organization
Analyze return on investment—the payback method and various discounted cash flow methods such as net present value and internal rate of return
Work practical exercises to see how finance and accounting methods impact business decisions
Workshop topics to be covered:
BUSINESS AND FINANCE
- The concept of risk and Profit
- How business run itself
- The Finance role in business
- How businesses develop and grow
UNDERSTANDING FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
- Financial statements and their needs
- What is meant by accounting and financial reporting?
- Basic bookkeeping
- Accounting principles, conventions and rules explained
- The Profit & Loss Account, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement
- Reading and interpreting financial statements
- Ratio analysis
- Breakeven analysis
- Cost accounting
- Working capital management and cash flow forecasting
- Gearing and equity and debt financing
- Raising finance in business
- The constituents of a good business plan
- The planning process
- Variance analysis
- Capital budgeting
- The role of finance in the planning process
WHAT IS DEBIT AND CREDIT ?