A highly interactive Full day Training Seminar specifically designed with a practical and motivational thrust for Managers and Executives to identify their Strengths and Weaknesses and develop a Professional Management Approach to Forward Planning & enhance Productivity, through the Management by Objectives Systems.
WHY IS THIS COURSE IMPORTANT?
In a highly competitive Business environment, professional Management becomes increasingly important. It is a specialized field which demands a high degree of Professionalism backed by a Marketing - orientated approach.
Markets are in a constant state of flux - with changing Consumer habits and attitudes and Trade patterns. The competitive nature of businesses is steadily escalating, posing severe threats in terms of maintaining and protecting valuable Market Share.
In the light of new emerging Market trends, it is important for Managers to be fully conversant with Management, through the Management by Objectives System and achieve planned results by optimum utilization of all available resources..
Organizations which focus on constantly improving their Managers’ Skills and Productivity will excel in the future and emerge as winners.
A disciplined, highly motivated Professional Manager with proven Management Skills is a definite asset. Thus, Managers should be well-trained persons, with a high degree of knowledge and special skills over and above their normal technical knowledge. His ability to get results from a Team through effective Forward Planning and Management by Objectives is far more important than individual brilliance.
“The Modern Manager is not a Boss - but a Leader of his Team”
This Training Seminar has been carefully designed and developed over the years, to explore the new Role of a Manager and develop a learning culture within the organization through a highly interactive and innovative approach. By projecting the individual Participants into various situations often faced by Managers, their actual responses would be analyzed and corrected.
The Methodology employed is becoming increasingly effective and designed to facilitate strong interaction and inculcate the vital discipline stressed by the reputed Management Consultant, Peter Drucker :
“THE JOB OF A GOOD MANAGER IS NOT TO MINIMISE RISK - BUT TO MAXIMISE OPPORTUNITY”
This Seminar offers a special Benefit Formula. In overall terms the Participants will be able to identify the value of Forward Planning and Management by Objectives in the various components of Management and it will offer a projective psychological test - in the sense that : “There is not always a Right or Wrong Answer”.
At the conclusion of the Seminar Participants will be able to:
• Realize: The need for Professionalism in Competitive Business.
• Focus: On Skills, Knowledge, Disciplines & Leadership vital for Modern Management
• Understand: The Disciplines of Forward Planning
• Realize: The value of Forward Planning towards enhanced Productivity
• Identify: The need to overcome Boredom & Time Wastage & be in Control
• Understand: The Pitfalls in Planning & Managing through the Gut Feeling
• Appreciate: The value of Situation Analysis in Forward Planning
• Focus: On managing through the System of Management by Objectives
• Understand: The importance of a Patient Approach in Managing for Results
Workshop topics to be covered:
MODULE I - THE POWER OF PROFESSIONALISM & THE SUCCESSFUL MANAGER
• PROFESSIONALISM & THE COMPETITIVE BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT
• POFESSIONALISM – VITAL FACET FOR SUCCESS IN MANAGEMENT
• FOCUS ON – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, DISCIPLINES & LEADERSHIP
• MANAGEMENT DISCIPLINES & MAXIMISING PRODUCTIVITY
MODULE 2 - CONTROL, BOREDOM & TIME WASTAGE - KEY FACTORS FOR DOWNFALL
• “HOW WELL DO COPE?” - EXERCISE
• HANDLING CONTROL, BOREDOM & TIME WASTAGE
• THE NEED TO STAY FOCUSED & HANDLING DISTRACTIONS
• PRACTICAL TIPS TO BE ON TOP OF YOUR JOB - DISCUSSION
MODULE 3 - FORWARD PLANNING – ANALYSIS OR GUT FEELING?
• “HOW DO YOU PLAN- ANALYSIS OR GUT FEELING? -EXERCISE
• THE APPROACH TO MANAGEMENT PROBLEMS
• IDENTIFY PREFERRED METHOD IN APPROACHING PROBLEMS
• THE IMPORTANCE OF SITUATION ANALYSIS IN PLANNING - DISCUSSION
• “ ARE YOU AN INTUITIVE PLANNER - EXERCISE
MODULE 4 - MAXIMIZING PRODUCTIVITY THROUGH MBO
• “PERCEPTION & EYE – OPENERS” - EXERCISE
• CONTINENTAL COSMETICS LIMITED” - CASE STUDY
• PRESENTATIONS BY GROUP LEADERS - EXERCISE
• PEER EVALUATION - DISCUSSION
• ANALYSIS OF CASE STUDY - DISCUSSION
• MANAGING FOR RESULTS - THE MBO WAY - READING EX:
• FORWARD CPLANNING – KEY MANAGEMENT DISCIPLINE
• “POMAR” - AN EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
• “PLANNING & PATIENCE” - HOMEWORK - EXERCISE