Procurement is an essential component of an organization; Organizations are striving for greater accountability in their work. There is an increasing demand in different sectors to manage procurement properly, why it is so vital, and how to do it well and in a proper way. This course will give a thorough introduction to the concepts and practical knowledge and skills needed by Development Professionals and Engineers who are using public fund for implementing the development activities. Participants will learn to manage procurement activities that will help their projects and programmes improve accountability, learning and effectiveness.
How participants will benefit after the course:
The purpose of this course is to strengthen the procurement management skills and confidence of development professionals and engineers to manage procurement in a cost effective and accountable way. In particular, the course will build the confidence and skilled on procurement of Development professionals and engineers:
to develop procurement management skills and knowledge to improve procurement systems and support for program and organization.
to operate healthy procurement systems to promote accountability, transparency and integrity
to make good judgments on the effective use of program resources
to integrate good procurement management systems into operations management
to manage and control financial resources and stakeholder relationships more efficiently and effectively to build financial sustainability
to build the confidence and skills for managing public funds.
Workshop topics to be covered:
1. Background and General features of Public Procurement Act.
2. Tender Evaluation Committee
3. Different Tendering Methods and Conditions for Selecting them
4. Procurement Process
5. Steps and Procedures of Different Tendering Method
6. Evaluation of Tenders and Qualification Criteria
1. Procurement of Works: Use of Standard Tender Data Sheet
2. Complains and Appeal
3. Procurement Management of Civil Engineering
4. Evaluation of Tender by TEC
5. Procurement of Goods: Use of Standard Tender Data Sheet
6. Procurement of Service: Introduction
7. Different Types of methods for selection of Consultant
8. Steps of Selection of Consultant
9. Expression of Interest
10. Preparation of Shortlist
11. Evaluation Criteria Points
12. Terms of Reference (TOR)
13. Preparation of Technical and Financial Proposal
14. Proposal Evaluation: Technical & Financial
16. Award of Contract