The course has been designed keeping in mind those who feared accounting. The course is a fun, interactive way to overcome this fear and it provides an understanding up to Balance Sheet by building confidence and knowledge through interactive participatory MBA style delivery of content.
How participants will benefit after the course:
Participants would develop an understanding of accounting practices and principles irrespective of their background. The course would cover double entry, preparation of accounts up to Balance Sheet understanding. The participants would gain an understanding to how accounting works and how their work is related to accounting.
Workshop topics to be covered:
1. the purpose of financial reporting.
2. The main elements of financial reporting
3.The Regulatory System
4. IAS1 Presentation of Financial Statements
5. Criticisms of Accouting conventions
6. IAS8 Accounting Policies, changes in Accounting estimates and errors
7. The role of source documents and books of prime entry
8. Ledgers and The Accounting Equation
9. The Journal
10.The Trial Balance
11.The Income Statements
12. The Statement of Financial Position
13. Balancing accounts and preparing financial statements
14. preparation of Financial Statements for Companies.