As resources are limited and human wants are unlimited, it is important for the marketers to utilize the resources efficiently without waste as well as to achieve the organization's objective. Being “green” has become very popular. Consumer concern about the environment has steadily increased over the past two decades. The demand for greener products exists and will grow in the future. In fact, those businesses who fail to make the appropriate changes to become eco-friendly can lose popularity. So green marketing is inevitable.
There is growing interest among the consumers all over the world regarding protection of environment. Worldwide evidence indicates people are concerned about the environment and are changing their behavior. As a result of this, green marketing has emerged which speaks for growing market for sustainable and socially responsible products and services.
Companies that develop new and improved products and services with environment inputs in mind give themselves access to new markets, increase their profit sustainability, and enjoy a competitive advantage over the companies which are not concerned for the environment.
According to the American Marketing Association, green marketing is the marketing of products that are presumed to be environmentally safe. Thus green marketing incorporates a broad range of activities, including product modification, changes to the production process, packaging changes, as well as modifying advertising.
Becoming a Green Business is a no-brainer -- a win-win situation that saves our money and protects the environment. Customers appreciate our being a Green Business. Around the world, being eco-conscious has become a status symbol for consumers; partly replacing traditional status symbols that are now associated with pollution, waste and excess. It is possible to be both green & profitable.
We can be a small business doing the right thing, but it won't increase our business until the community knows. Becoming a Green Business has given us a higher profile within our community. People enjoy shopping in a green environment because of our environmental actions.
Businessmen, professionals, managers and executives in the field of marketing & sales, customer service, customer relationship management, logistics, supply chain management, import, export and manufacturing concerned and any other areas of business can grab this opportunity by acquiring proper knowledge through learning and training on Green Marketing.
Workshop topics to be covered:
1. Introduction to Program & Learning Objective
2. Introduction to Green Marketing and its Importance
3. Positive aspect of Green Marketing
4. Green Marketing Strategies
5. Targeting the Green Customers/Consumers
6. Green Sales Tactics: Get Your Customer’s Attention
7. Marketing messages connecting Green Products
8. Three issues of effective green marketing
9. Marketing your brand more green
10. Greening the marketing mix
11. Sell the benefits: Not the features
12. Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) of Product
13. Resource recovery: product re-use, recycling and material conversion
14. Promotion: Labeling and Packaging
15. Greening is Profitable
16. Green Marketing Ideas & Sustainability
17. Green code in marketing
18. Case Study: Big Companies that are going Green
19. Question-Answer session
20. Wrap up of the day