In today’s world, ISO 9001:2008 happens to the most popular standard for Quality Management System. Over 1 million organizations in the world are certified to this standard. 8 of the 10 countries where maximum number of certificates appear are Italy, Spain, Japan, Germany, UK, USA, France, Korea and Australia. The remaining two countries are China and India. IBM has certified 400 of its facilities around the world to this standard. All 61 factories of Rolls Royce across the world have been certified to ISO 9001:2008.
This shows the high desirability of ISO 9001:2008 across the whole world.
In Bangladesh, for the sake of local and global competitiveness of business, organizations are progressively getting interested in this standard. Already there are about one thousand organizations certified to ISO 9001:2008 and this number is growing everyday.
Along with this growth of certification need, the opportunity to serve as an auditor or a consultant or a Management Representative is growing as well.
However, if you ask anyone in the market, what benefits they derived from ISO 9001, the answer will be mixed. Some will say that it is an extra-ordinary standards. Some will say that it is nothing but a piece of paper which can be purchased with money. Between these two extremes, there will be a range of opinions that anyone will encounter.
Why is the situation so ambiguous? It is because most of the organizations fail to overcome the internal hindrances that bog down organizations’ effort to derive all the benefits it is capable of delivering.
The key to success with ISO 9001:2008 lies in overcoming the barriers to successful implementation of the standard.
The biggest hindrances to exploiting the full potential of this exquisite standard are:
01. Inadequate knowledge about the standards and its deliverables.
02. Insufficient number of professionals to serve the industry as Management Representatives.
03. Lack of awareness on the part of the owners/operators of plants, projects, processes and systems.
04. Remaining at the bottom-line level of performance and retaining a certificate only and not achieving continual improvement of the performance using the 8 principles of ISO 9001:2008
05. And the last but not the least, unavailability of good number of knowledgeable consultants who can help enterprises undertake ISO 9001:2008 in the true spirit and help them make the best use of the standard.
In order to overcome all the above hindrances, training of ISO 9001:2008 is indispensable for the enterprises.
Bureau Veritas is world leader in providing training of ISO 9001:2008, having IRCA approved tutors worldwide, including in Bangladesh.
Workshop topics to be covered:
The Internal Auditor training on ISO 9001:2008 aims at imparting the basic competency for personnel involved in the implementation of ISO 9001:2008 in any organization. The course will cover following elements:
01. The 8 principles of ISO 9001:2008
02. The glossary of QMS
03. Elaboration on Process and System Approach.
04. Requirements as specified in ISO 9001:2008
05. Documentation requirement of ISO 9001:2008
06. Control of Production
07. Control of Services
08. Monitoring and Measurements
09. Principles of Auditing
10. How to audit a Quality Management System against the requirements of ISO 9001:2008