Retail or the point where the consumer comes in contact with the product (or service) is probably the most critical touch point in the brand journey. Rightly called “the last mile” , this is where it gets decided whether all the marketing , distribution and merchandising efforts put in to bring the consumer in contact with the brand will bear fruit or not.
With the media fragmentation and product competition on the rise, and shopping experience now becoming as critical to the consumers as the product itself. Whether it is fast moving consumer products, consumer durables or luxury products, the strategic importance of creating an impact at retail just keeps increasing.
Experience at retail is equally important for industries like banking, telecom and fuel retailing as it has a major influence on customer acquisition and retention.
It is also an area where a company’s marketing and sales have to synergize to create the brand experience that will serve as the competitive advantage.
So whether you are in the business of selling products through a retail channel or run a retail operation, cater to up-market consumers in metro cities or to rural consumers, it is crucial to understand what is needed to win with the consumers once they have come in contact with your brand.
Benefits of Attending:
Having attended this workshop, you will be able to understand:
• Why retailing and creating an impact at retail will continue to become increasingly important for all types of businesses
•How to develop a winning retail strategy for your brand/product
• Understand how to leverage shopper insights
• The role of merchandising ,displays and planograms
• How to maximize retail impact at different store types and consumers of different socio-economic classes
• How smart retail management can drive customer acquisition and retention
• What do you need to deliver a top class brand experience at retail
• How to amplify the impact of ATL campaigns at retail and how to develop compelling Point of Sale Communication``.
• How to leverage the new trends in retailing coming to Pakistan e.g. International Chains and Company owned outlets to your advantage.
• What are the skills that your teams need to possess to create a lasting retail impact
• What are the retail KPI’s that you need to track to measure retail effectiveness
Workshop topics to be covered:
• Introduction to the concept of Retailing and Retail Marketing
Develop an understanding on the basic concepts of retailing and the scope of retail marketing, key definitions and how it is increasingly becoming important across diverse industries.
• Retail Marketing across industries and store types
Understand the criticality of retail marketing across industries including FMCG, Consumer Durables, Banking, Service industry, as well as different store formats ranging from international chain stores to the corner retail stores as well as retail service operations like banking etc and company owned stores.
• Developing a Winning Retail Strategy for your brand
What are the elements that need to be focused to develop a winning retail strategy. How to incorporate shopper insights into this strategy.
•Driving Marketing and Sales synergy
Why a team effort between sales and marketing can be the deciding factor in winning at retail. Overcoming the challenges and making it happen. How to maximize retail impact on product launches.
•Driving Customer Acquisition and Retention by Managing the Retail Initiatives
What are the elements that you can play with to create an absolutely delightful customer experience at retail.
Discussion on retail best practices from various industries.
•Managing a retail business
Identify key areas of focus to build a retailing business. Choosing the location when opening a new store? Building footfall and driving conversion. Driving cross-selling and up-selling
•Developing retail driven teams
What are the skills that you need to develop in your teams to create a lasting impact at retail.
How to measure the retail effectiveness and what KPI’s can be used for measuring retail effectiveness
The workshop will be interactive and include videos, exercises and relevant examples from a global and local brand perspective to build relevance and understanding, as well as discussions about brands represented by the workshop participants