Knowledge on doing correct fabric consumption and costing is a primary requirement for any merchandiser or any person related to garments costing in the capacity of Owner, Director, Peoples of Accounts and Finance, Commercial people or Audit people is must.
As fabric price is bearing almost 35 to 40% of the total garments cost as such if the fabric consumption is wrong then the total garments cost will be wrong with bigger deviation, resultant of which factory may not get the order for quoting higher price or the order may be received with lower price as such factory either may not earn profit at all or may not earn expected profit margin.
Workshop topics to be covered:
1. Introduction to Merchandising and Role of Merchandisers.
2. Organogram of Garments Buying House and Working relation of Merchandiser with Buying House.
3. Order Sheet Analysis and Orientation with all parts of Woven Garments (Tops and Bottom).
4. Orientation with all Woven Fabrics and their Characteristics in respect of Contents and Construction.
5. Consumption Techniques of Woven Garments (Top).
6. Consumption Techniques of Woven Garments (Bottom).
7. Consumption and Costing Techniques of Garments Accessories including Thread Consumption, Load Calculation, Costing Techniques of Printing< Embroidery, Washing and Embellishment.
8. Garments Costing for FOB, C&F, CIF, CIFT Orders and understanding of LC and other payment mode in Garments Business.
9. Total Activities of Merchandiser from Receiving of Order Sheet up to Shipment and payment realisation including Color Standard, Labdip, Strike Off, Skein etc.
10. Orientation with all types of Samples and Sample Management By Merchandisers.
11. Preparation of Time and Action calendar and Gantt-Chart for Merchandising Follow up.
12. Revision, Question and Answer and Distribution of Certificates to the Attendance.