The art and science of growing your business through world class branding practices
There is no denying that learning effective brand building is the most important skill that one can learn. That being said, how many of us really know how to use world class brand building principles in our day to day work to grow our business? There seems to be a lot of confusion about branding, and a lot of gap from what people need and what people know about brand building. This training aims to reduce that big, wide gap.
The learning will be conducted in two individual trainings with two different benefits for two different kinds of people. This training aims to reduce that big, wide gap.
Basic Brand Management:
This day long training is for those people who want to learn the basics of branding and create a great foundation that can help him in all aspects of brand management in future. Here the focus will be on clearing the understanding of key and fundamental branding concepts, tools and strategies.
Workshop topics to be covered:
1. Basic Principles: Basic understanding of brand and clearing out misconceptions. There will be no focus on definitions, which is the wrong way to learn, but on simple understanding of the concepts
2. Misconceptions: Understanding of difference between Brand and Marketing, Brand and Selling, Brand and Advertising, Brand and Corporate Communication
3. Understanding of Concepts: Basic brand building tools and concepts – Brand Vision and Mission, Brand Positioning, Brand Differentiation, Brand Essence, Brand Equity, Brand Personality, Tone of Voice, Brand Character, Line extension, Brand Extension, Brand Architecture, Brand Endorsement
4.Understanding of consumer behavior: Why customers buy, how they buy, different types of buying behavior, setting brand objectives for different aspects of consumer behavior and most importantly how to change consumer behavior through branding activities
5. Understanding the role of a brand manager: From agency management to co-ordination to market share growth to budget management to strategy fixing
6. Introduction to key brand building elements: Naming, Packaging, Color, Endorsement, Association
7. Introduction to Market Research & Consumer Insight: How to conduct research, what research to conduct at which time, how to write research proposal and how to dig for key consumer insight. Also how to track if proper ROI is being generated from your branding activities
8. Communication: Understanding of key brand communication techniques and promotional tools like Advertising, Public Relations, Direct Marketing, Corporate Communication, Corporate Social Responsibility, Internal Marketing etc.
9. Touch-points: Understanding of touch-points and how to manage touch-points to create a holistic branded experience
10. POS/Trade Marketing: How to ensure quality brand experience in the cluttered, fragmented and unstructured retail shops in Bangladesh
11. Distribution: Overall understanding of how distribution strategies support brand building activities
12. Agency: How to write a world class advertising brief and work with 3rd party agencies to create memorable brand campaigns
13. Case Study: Analysis on great local brand case studies: Grameenphone, Arong, Otobi, Lifebuoy, Parachute
14. The participants will actually know how to implement the ideas learned through small group and individual assignments and tasks
15. No lecturing, only “Learning by doing” method