In order to drive strong performance oriented culture in our organizations, it is important to design and implement effective performance management process. Performance Management is more than Performance Appraisal and it includes setting performance objectives, monitoring and giving feedback, coaching and counseling, formal appraisal as well as establish appropriate development plans. Through this process, employees understand what is expected from them and how their contribution fits with the overall objectives of the business as well as this gives opportunity to employees to bring performance to a higher level. In a nutshell, performance management facilitates various activities to ensure that objectives are consistently being met in an effective and efficient manner. This programme highlights broad concepts of performance management as well as share a holistic approach to design and implement performance management process.
1. Understanding Performance Management Process focusing objectives/KPIs (What) and Competencies (How)
2. Setting Objectives/KPIs in alignment with business objectives
3. Monitoring performance and improve communication between supervisors and employee on managing performance
4. Establishing appropriate development plans
How participants will benefit
1. Understand the benefits of performance management.
2. Learn to measure the work performance and how to set specific performance objectives/KPIs
3. Understand basic framework of leadership competencies and incorporate these in Performance Management
4. Learn the art of giving and receiving honest and quality feedback and ensure two-way performance discussions.
5. Understand the importance of coaching for developing people
6. Learn how an individual development plan is set.
7. Finally, able to use performance management tools more effectively.
Workshop topics to be covered:
9:30 am to 10:45 am
---Objectives/Agenda/rules of the game
---Performance Management – scope and benefits
---Creating strong performance oriented culture
11:00 am to 1:00 pm
---Setting expectations from employees - objectives/KPIs in alignment with business objectives
---Basic leadership competencies framework and how to evaluate these in improving performance
---Managing Performance through STAR components (Situation, Task, Action, Result)
2:00 pm to 3:30 pm
---Conducting effective appraisal session
----Receiving and giving feedback
----Essential tips for appraiser and appraisee
---Coaching for Superior Performance
3:45 pm to 5:00 pm
---Dealing with Poor Performers
---Identify training & development needs and inputs for career planning
---Key Learning & Conclusions