Upwork, formerly Elance-oDesk, is a global online work platform where businesses and independent professionals connect and collaborate remotely. In 2015, Elance-oDesk was rebranded as Upwork. Upwork is a leading online workplace—helping businesses find, manage, and pay freelance talent.
Upwork is a marketplace where from you can get online jobs. Upwork is easy to use and also free. There are lots of job categories and large volume of work. It’s safe and you can withdraw your money through your bank account, also Guaranteed Payment.
This workshop will help you to know how to set your profile, how to search jobs, secrets of getting jobs, how to build a successful freelancing career and lots more.
Interactive Lecture, PowerPoint Presentation, Video Demo, Practice, Question and answer session.
Contents of Training:
Details of Freelancing:
• What is Freelancing?
• Why people outsource services?
Freelance Marketplaces: Which one to choose & why
• How Freelance Job Opportunities are increasing day by day?
• Major working domains like programming, web development, graphics design, online marketing, content writing, virtual assistance etc.
Quality of a Freelancer:
• Time management skills
• Communication skills
Future of a Freelancer
• Who needs Freelancer?
• Freelance Economy
• Skills and affordability
Personal and Agency Account facts:
• Merits and Demerits of a Personal Account.
• Merits and Demerits of an Agency Account.
Introduction to Upwork:
• Upwork Popularity
• Secure and quick payment
• Free Membership
• Friendly Work Tools
Creating a new account:
• Name, Email ID and Verification
Summary of a Profile:
• Profile idea.
• Advantages of having a Profile.
Creating a professional profile (skill based):
• Freelancer’s Title
• Freelancer’s Portrait.
• Portfolio etc
• Legal Documents
• Upwork Readiness Test
• Skill Based Tests
Payment Withdrawal Process:
• Discussion on different Payment Methods
• Verification (Bank Account)
Job Search Process:
• Upwork Menu (Find Work)
• Advance Search
• Keywords based search
Hourly and Fixed Price Jobs:
• Advantages and Disadvantages of Hourly Jobs.
• Advantages and Disadvantages of Fixed Price Jobs.
• What information you need to check about a Client
Applying for a Job:
• Job Details.
• Provided Documents
• Cover Letter Plan for Hourly Jobs.
• Cover Letter Plan for Fixed Price Jobs.
• How to fix hourly rate for a job.
• Fixed Price job rate.
• Upfront Payments.
• What is Direct Interview?
• How to respond?
Meet up (Communication) & Expression:
• Facial Expression
• Message/Private Message
• Skype / Google talk.
• Proof of your experience.
• Headphone with working mic
• My Jobs
• Work Diary.
• Manual Hours.
• Delete Time.
Upwork Team Software:
• Download & using procedure
• Client’s works, demands and deadline.
• Preferred way
Project Delivery / Weekly Updates:
• After Completing Works and updates.
Feedback (after completing a job)
Payment Withdraw Details
• Details about every transaction.
• Withdrawal Process.
Upwork Rules & Guidelines:
• Profile Rules.
• Cover Letter Rules.
• Guarantee Facts.
Upwork Help Center:
• Getting to know Upwork Help Center
• Getting to know active local groups
• Other Accessories (Google Doc, Skype Dropbox)