Merchandising in Garments business is an elite and technocrat profession for educated people. Merchandiser played a very vital role in Garments business, in fact he is the pivoting person for whole business who is protecting the interest of Factory and Buyer as well. But unfortunately there is no formal training for this important group of people of the garments sector.
Garments Merchandising is a critical and systematic works, which a person must understand and perform with in a set of work frame, as such they need some institutional knowledge other wise it may not be possible to do efficient merchandising without knowing Yarn, Fabric, Color Standard, Lab-dip, Samples, Accessories etc. So any body will be attending this Workshop will have a clear understanding on Merchandising and Role of Merchandiser.
Question and Answer Session
Contents of Training:
1. What is Merchandising in Garments Business?
2. Who is Merchandiser?
3. What role played by a Merchandiser in Garments Business?
4. What is the Organogram of an ideal Buying House ?
(How to set up a Buying House for independent business with merchandising knowledge)
5. What is the set up of a Knit Composite?
6. What is the set up of a Woven Garment Factory?
7. With whom all a Merchandiser has to communicate?
8. What Quality a Merchandiser should possess?
9. How a person will equip him/herself to become a good Merchandiser?
10. How to develop a Buyer?
11. What is order sheet?
12. How to analyze an Order Sheet?
13. What all are the various types of Woven Fabrics?
14. What all are the various types of Knit-Fabrics?
15. What is Cotton, Fiber, Staple, Filament, Yarn, Count, Gauge etc.
16. What is Color Standard, Lab-dip, Yarn-dip, Hand-loom, Skein etc?
17. How to handle an order from receipt of Order-sheet to shipment?
18. What is Time and Action Calendar and Gantt Chart and how to prepare them?
19. What is Sample and what all are the Samples handled by a Merchandiser?
20. What is Lab-test? what all are the general lab-test carried out for garments?
21. What is accessories, trimming and packing materials of garments?
22. What all are the printing done in garments?
23. What all embroidery done in garments?
24. What is Value-addition works in garments?
25. What all are the payment mode in garments business?
26. What is LC, Master LC, BB LC and all other various types of LCs?
27. What is FOB, C&F, CIF and CIFT orders in Garments Business?
28. Other Glossaries of Terms used in garments Business.
Invitation of Question
Distribution of Certificates to the attendants.