Strategic and Financial Perspective
While the functions of managing a project fall in operational management category, project selection is an exclusive domain of strategic and financial decision making. Success of a project lies on choosing the right project at the first point. The project managers merely execute the project activities; they have little control over the benefits of the project outcomes. Benefits of the project outcome will be primarily dependent on whether right project was chosen. Therefore, in today’s project based corporations selection of viable projects has become a crucial success factor.
This course is all about using the methods, tools and techniques available to measure the merits of the projects to decide on whether to pursue the projects or not. At the end of the course you will be able to –
1. Understand projects and identify criteria for choosing project selection models;
2. Identify project evaluation factors;
3. Understand and use non-numeric project selection models;
4. Understand and use numeric (profitability) project selection models;
5. Develop project scoring models;
6. Choose right information for project evaluation;
7. Understand and apply Project Portfolio Process;
Speciality of the Course
This is a case based course and extensively focused on gaining practical skills with integration of IT tools.
This training is designed for practitioners who are or ...Project Management
Implementation of Agile techniques not only require changes ...Project Management
A project usually deemed to be a success, if it achieves ...Project Management
Bdjobs.com Ltd.19 th floor (East), BDBL Building (Old BSRS)