The Merchandiser is the pivoting person in garments business, who maintain the relationship in-between Buyer and the Factory. He receive Order Sheet from Buyer, analyze, does costing, quote price, negotiate price, confirm price, arranges all merchandise, execute the order and maintain all correspondences with the Buyer. As such the Merchandising job has become a technocrat job in the garment sector, for which need special skill to handle any order. This workshop will educate a person to equip himself with all the knowledge of merchandising and will give him the confidence of handling any order in efficient way. He will also learn how an order is developed from receiving of Order-Sheet from Buyer upto shipment and payment realization.
Interactive Lecture PowerPoint Presentation Group Discussion
Contents of Training:
1. Introduction to Merchandising and Role of Merchandisers.
2. Organogram of Garments Buying House and Working relation of Merchandiser with Buying House.
3. Order Sheet Analysis and Orientation with all parts of Knit Garments (Tops and Bottom).
4. Orientation with all Knit Fabrics and their Characteristics in respect of Contents and Knitting Pattern.
5. Consumption Techniques of Knit Garments (Tops and Bottoms)
6. Total Knitting and Dyeing Procedure of various types of Fabrics and their Costing procedure including reciprocal Fabric GSM in respect of Yarn Count and Machine Gauge.
7. Consumption and Costing Techniques of Accessories including Thread Consumption, Load Calculation, Costing Techniques of Carton, Printing, Embroidery, Washing and Embellishment.
8. Garments Costing for FOB, C&F, CIF, CIFT Orders and understanding of LC and other payment mode in Garments Business.
9. Total Activities of Merchandiser from Receiving of Order Sheet up to Shipment and payment realisation including Color Standard, Labdip, Strike Off, Skein etc.
10. Orientation with all types of Samples and Sample Management By Merchandisers.
11. Preparation of Time and Action calendar and Gantt-Chart for Merchandising Follow up.
12. Revision, Question and Answer and Distribution of Certificates.