The course is aimed at developing analytical and communication skills that are necessary for successful business negotiations. The negotiation is described as a complex three-stage process, which consists of preparation, negotiating, and post-negotiation implementation and evaluation.
This course combines both theoretical knowledge of ‘Negotiation` and practical experience through learning by doing. The students will be engaged in business games, trainings, group discussions and creative tasks.
We are always negotiating while at work or even in our personal lives. It is easy to recognize negotiation at work, but we may not notice that in a way we are continually negotiating at home too ** for example, you`re discussing with your wife which restaurant to go to for dinner on a night out.
1. The process of negotiation
2. Its stages, elements & strategies
3. Acquiring skills of a successful negotiator
4. Learning the techniques and developing the flair & finesse that expert negotiators use/have
5. Recognizing the value of win-win negotiations that sustain
6. Applying different negotiation models
7. Knowing the pros & cons of your negotiation style
8. Anticipating the other`s moves & discerning their manipulations & tactics and more…in short, learning how to become an effective negotiator
Delegates successfully completing the course will be able to:
# Describe the actions taken on different stages of negotiations
# Appreciate and explain the importance of pre-negotiation and post-negotiation phases
# List the roles and functions in negotiation teams
# Demonstrate the skills of organizing and managing negotiation teams
# Formulate and apply the instruments of negotiation strategy and tactics
# Identify the zone of possible agreement (ZOPA) in negotiations
# Explain the functions of the best alternative to a negotiated agreement (BATNA); recognize and use BATNA in negotiations
# Distinguish positions from interests in negotiations, discover interests of the other side in negotiations, and create interest maps
# Identify different negotiation scenarios
# Differentiate methods of dealing with conflict according to K. Thomas and R. Kilmann; choose the suitable model as the situation requires
# Differentiate negotiation mental models according to L. Thompson; identify and change the partner`s mental model
# Describe negotiation styles in different cultures; adjust negotiation tactics to cultural differences