Monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of development projects are increasingly recognized as indispensable management functions. For many years, M&E of development projects in Bangladesh have been given little attention. Some of the main constraints and problems that hampered M&E in development project include: weak interest and commitment to the evaluation function by both donors and NGOs, weak culture of carrying out, sharing, discussing and using the results of evaluation activities among NGOs and donors, a relative shortage of professional evaluation experts (in comparison with researchers, trainers, etc.), insufficient technical resources, limited monitory allocation to M&E work by donors, limited training opportunities in evaluation, shortage of trained staff, etc.
It is important to recognise that monitoring and evaluation are not magic wands that can be waved to make problems disappear, or to cure them, or to miraculously make changes without a lot of hard work being put in by the project or organisation. In themselves, they are not a solution, but they are valuable tools.
The last few years have witnessed an increased interest in strengthening project M&E by donors and Bangladeshi NGOs and civil society organizations. More Bangladeshi NGOs and civil society organizations are interested in strengthening their M&E capacity. This training includes the nature of program M&E, presents basic concepts, principles, tools and methods of M&E, reviews the process of planning and implementing effective M&E processes for nonprofit programs, and suggests ways for using M&E results. Many of the principles presented in this training are also applicable for “for-profit” organizations.
• To make participants’ familiar with the concept of monitoring and evaluation of a project;
• To improve participants’ ability to design and implement a monitoring and evaluation plan for any projects;
• To offer hands-on experience in analysis of logical frame work and periodic report
• To provide the technical skills needed for monitoring and evaluation report assessment.
After attending the training sincerely participants will be capable to:
• give an overview of monitoring and evaluation;
• design a monitoring system;
• develop an evaluation plan;
• construct monitoring and evaluation data collection instruments;
• conduct monitoring and evaluation activities;
• analyse data collected during monitoring and evaluation activities;
• use the findings from monitoring and evaluation to improve their specific programmes.
It is important to recognise that monitoring and evaluation ...Development/ NGO
This course would focus on improving monitoring & ...Development/ NGO
(15% VAT is applicable in every purchase.)
TK 624 with EMI Purchase
55012120 & 55012122 , 01811 487981, 01811410862