Export Import Procedures and Financing
|Held on : 30 - 31 March 2012|
|Venue : BDBL Building, 14th Level, 12 Kawran Bazar C/A, Dhaka-1215.|
|No. of Participants : 25|
|No photos found|
|• Essential Features of Import Chapter of GFET, Import Policy order
• Procedure of getting different types of IRC from C.C.I.E. and renewal there against. Exemption of IRC.
• Issuance/Registration/Maintenance of LCA form.
• Opening of Cash L/C for both new & regular customer. Essential requirements for considering LC proposals. Add Confirmation & Performance Guarantee clause
• Lodgment of shipping documents, scrutiny of the same & necessary measures required to be taken against regular and discrepant documents as per UCPDC.
• Opening of BTB LC including EDF for New & Regular Customers.
• Settlement of Import bills from regular exports or export fails.
• Procedure & formalities of creating SOD.
• Procedure for allowing Packing Credit & adjustment of the same.
• Essential features Export chapter of GFET & Export Policy.
• Negotiation of Export Bills (Garments & Non Garments) against regular & discrepant documents as per UCPDC
• Handling of claims under Cash Incentive/Duty Draw Back
|Mr. Md. Shoaib Ahmed
Mr. Md. Shoaib Ahmed obtained M.Sc. in Applied Mathematics from Dhaka University in the year 1972 and initially started his career as a teacher in Abudher Gifari College, Dhaka. Thereafter in the year 1977 he joined as Probationary Officer in Agrani Bank where he served for 25 years and attained the position of Asstt. General Manager. Subsequently he completed MBA and Banking Diploma (Part I & II) as professional education.
During his term in Agrani Bank he gathered practical experiences in International Trade Transactions through discharging his duties as Officer/Manager in different desks of Foreign Exchange Department. He has taken/attended various training/seminars in home and abroad in different subject of International trade and transactions. As a trainer of Training Institutes of different Banks and related organizations, he is widely known particularly in the field of Foreign Trade & Foreign Exchange.
He also worked as a member of the committee for reviewing the Guidelines for Foreign Exchange Transactions (GFET) and the Foreign Exchange Regulation Act (FERA). At present he is working as Head of Internal Control and Compliance Division (ICCD) of Mercantile Bank Limited.