Merchandising in Knit Garments
|Held on : Friday, April 06, 2012|
|Venue : Bdjobs Training, BDBL Building (Level 19), 12 Kawran Bazar C/A, Dhaka 1215.|
|No. of Participants : 25|
|No photos found|
|1. What do we understand by Merchandiser and Who is Merchandiser.
2. What is the Role of a Merchandiser in Garments Business.
3. What is the total Chain of Work in Garments Business.
4. What is Buyer, Buying House, Local Agent, Chain Store, Retailer and how do they Function.
5. What is Order Sheet/Product Package and how to analyse the Order Sheet/Product Package.
6. How to equip oneself to become a good Knit Merchandiser.
7. Techniques of email writings and order tracking.
8. How to source new Buyers.
9. What all are the types of fabric used in Knit garments in terms of Content and Knitting Patterns.
10. What is Color Standard, Labdip, Strike Off, Skein and Handloom.
11. How to develop an order from receiving of Product Package upto shipment.
12. What all are the Samples a Merchandiser will have to handle and what is their implications in garments business.
13. How to prepare Time & Action Calendar to execute any order.
14. How to prepare a Gantt Chart to control the order.
15. How to give booking for Yarn, Knitting-Machine and Fabric.
16. How to assess requirement of Yarn and Fabric in consideration to wastage and process loss.
17. What is FOB, C&F and CIF Costing.
18. What all are the Sea and Air Route used for Garments Transportation ? what is Feeder and Mother Vassels and how do they operate.
19. What is Freight Forwarder, Stuffing Agent and Consolidators.
20. Role of Courier services in Garments Business.
21. What is Labtest and what all are labtest requirement for Knit garments.
22. How to develope Printing, Embroidery, Washing and Value Addition Work.
23. How to do the Freight Calculation.
24. What all are the types of Containers used in ships what are their capacities.
25. What is FCL, LCL, Bill of Lading, Master Airway Bill, House Airway Bill, Tracking Number ?
26. What is Master L/C and how to open BB L/C.
27. How to prepare a Cost Approval Sheet.
28. How to prepare a Order Performance Sheet.
|Mr. Sajed Khan MBA, TU, USA
Mr. Sajed Khan, Advisory Director and Consultant, Asrotex Group, is the lecturer of BIFT (BGMEA Institute of Fashion and Technology) where he delivers lecture regularly as guest speaker to the students of MBA, Hons, Diploma and Certificate Courses. The major areas of his subject are: Work Study and Time Study, Merchandising and the Role of Merchandiser in Garments Business, Supply Chain Management in Garments Business, Garments Business and the total Modus Operandi of Garments Business, Buying House, Local Agent, Whole Seller and Retailer, Master L/C, Back to Back L/C, FOB Garments Price, C&F Garments Price and CIF Garments Prices and their impact and implication in Garments Business, Color Standard, Labdips and the Lab-Test usually Carried out for Garments, Product Package Analysis for both Knit and Woven, Calculation of Fabric Consumption for both Knit and Woven, Garments Costing for both Knit and Woven, Production Planning of Woven, the Samples involved in garments business and Sample Management, Production Planning of Knitting, Dyeing, Printing, Embroidery, Sewing, Washing and Finishing, Quality Control and Management and their impact on Garments Costing and Production Planning, Factory Compliance and COC, the Universal Code of Ethical Conduct, organizing a factory for any evaluation etc.
Also he served at Opex Group as Executive Director and Head of the Merchandising Department of Leviís Account, at Sunman Group of Companies as Director Merchandising, Planning and Production, at Delta Group of Industries (where he used to look after the total operation of Knitting, Dyeing, Garments, Printing, Embroidery, Planning, Commercial and Finance) as Executive Director, at Harvest Rich as Production and Project Director.
Mr. Khan also delivers lecture at LCMI (Lankan Clothing Management Institute) and NIFT(National Institute of Fashion and Technology) as Guest Speaker on various subjects of garments. He is Course Qualified in Pattern Construction and Pattern Grading and in Garments Quality Control Management. Besides his professional career, he is an MBA From Trinity University, Delware, USA.