Smart Project Management using Microsoft Project 2010 with Case Studies
|Held on : 20 - 21 April 2012|
|Venue : Bdjobs Training, BDBL Building (Level 19), 12 Kawran Bazar C/A, Dhaka 1215.|
|No. of Participants : 25|
|No photos found|
- Course and participants' objectives
- Redefining training scope
Re-visiting Project Management Theory Briefs
- What is a Project
- Project Management Processes
- Benefits of Project Management
- Limitations of Project Management
- Importance of Project Triangle(Cost, Time,Scope, Quality, Customer Satisfaction)
- Project Management Framework(Initiation, Preparation, Execution and Control, Closure)
- Needs Identification
- Planning the Project(Setting Project Objectives,Work Breakdown Structure, Responsibility Matrix, Defining Activities)
- Project Scheduling
- Critical Path- Identifications and Implications
- Managing Resources
- Cost Planning and Performance
- Role of a Project Manager
- Project Communication and Documentation
- Project Closure
Introducing MS Project 2010 Software
- MS Project 2010 Overview
- Editions of MS Project 2010
- Getting introduced with MS Project 2010 Interface
- Common Project Terminologies and Abbreviations Used in MS Project 2010
- Using Keyboard Shortcuts
What’s New in Microsoft Project 2010
Project Planning Using a MS Project Software
- Steps to manage a project successfully
- Project Setup
- Creating a Project Calendar, Working and Non-working day
- Creating a Work Breakdown Structure Diagram
- Creating Tasks and dependencies (Summary tasks, Subtasks, Recurring tasks, Organizing Tasks into Phases,Constraints and Milestones, Documenting Tasks,Setting Dependencies and Linking Tasks (SS,FS,SF,FF))
- Producing a GANTT Chart
- Creating a Network Diagram
- Resolving Schedule conflicts
Working with Critical Path(CPM)
- What is Critical Path
- Highlighting the Critical Path
- Creating a Resource Pool(Setting up People Resources, Setting up Equipment Resources, Setting up Material Resources, Setting up Cost Resources)
- Assigning Resources
- Resolving Resource Conflicts and Leveling
Exploring Different Views
- Fixed Costs
- Resources Costs
- View total costs for tasks and resources
- View total costs for the entire project
- View cost variances for tasks, resources, and assignments
Saving a Project Baseline
Earned Value Analysis
- What is earned value analysis?
- What does earned value measure?
- How do I interpret earned value?
- How does % complete vs. physical % complete affect earned value?
Tracking a Project
- Creating Cost Reports
- Visual Reports
- Different Customized Reports
- Using MS Excel with MS Project
- Printing Reports
- Tracking and Reporting Tips
- Questions and Answers
|Dr. M. Xane Alam Raabid PhD, MBA, MCSD.NET, MCAD, MCDBA
Dr. M. Xane Alam Raabid has conducted more than 300 professional training programs till date on various subjects successfully with utmost reputation both in public and corporate sector.
He started offering hands-on and professional MS Project and Excel training in early 2004 and became the unprecedented industry mentor in this sector. He is also a reputed trainer in the area of Project Management, Business Continuity Management, Business Process Reengineering, Business Process Mapping Notations, Unified Modeling Language, MS Visio, Financial Modeling, Presentation Techniques, Psychometric Testing, Emotional Intelligence, etc.
He has about 20 years of experience in ICT industry including 8 years of hand-on project management practices. He has worked for some world leading companies like Microsoft, Dell, Xerox and Aptech and got necessary exposure of modern business processes and practices.
He has got his PhD in finance. He is an MBA with major in finance as well as MCSD.NET, MCAD, MCDBA, MCSD (VB 6.0). He has been working with MSF, OOAD, .NET Framework, XML, UML, and RUP since year 2000. He is the First Microsoft certified Professional in .NET track in Bangladesh from Microsoft (Ref: The Bangladesh Observer, October 01, 2002).
He has experiences in designing enterprise-level network architecture, database storage solution and solutions integration. He has also significant experience in sales and marketing, training, project management and technical leadership in application software, database development, e-commerce, and management consultancy. He has some publications on various subjects also.