How to Be An Outstanding Receptionist
|Held on : Saturday, July 14, 2012|
|Venue : Bdjobs Training, BDBL Building (Level 19), 12 Kawran Bazar C/A, Dhaka 1215.|
|No. of Participants : 25|
|No photos found|
|Exercise: getting to know you
The role of receptionist
Customer service principles
• Superior receptionist behaviors
• What do you see?
• First Impression
• Moment of truth
• Good vs Exceptional customer service
• Why communication goes wrong
• Getting communication across
• Personal communication style questionnaire
• What are open questions?
• What are closed questions?
• T.E.D. Technique for open questions?
• Funneling Technique
• Listening skills questionnaire
• Listening skills Tips/Techniques
• Telephone skills self diagnostic
• Inappropriate language/phrases exercise
• Effective telephone communicators
• Poor telephone communicators
The factors of the voice
Professional handling of incoming calls
• Steps of incoming an incoming and outgoing call
• Warm transfer of calls
• Message taking
Telephone work- Standard Monitoring Checklist Assertiveness
• Assertiveness, aggressiveness and passivity
• Positive words and phrases
Dealing with anger
• Irate People- Tips and Tactics
A personal Action Plan
|Dr. NALIN N P JAYASURIYA DBM, FITD, FIMS(UK), MSLIM, Nat. Dip. P.M,, MMA (USA), F.Inst.S&MM(UK)
Nalin Jayasuriya is the Managing Director & CEO, McQuire Rens & Jones (Pvt) Ltd. He was awarded THE ACHIEVERS AND LEADERS AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN TALENT MANAGEMENT at the Sri Lanka, India,South Africa & Singapore Partnership Summit held in September 2010.
Mr. Jayasuriya has carried out management and business training for over 2,000 top and senior managers in Philippines, Singapore,Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Australia, Poland, South Korea, Kenya, Pakistan, Maldives, India and SriLanka. He has presented papers at International Conferences in Dubai, Singapore, United Kingdom,Belgium and India. He was the former Regional HR Consultant and Regional Head of Special Projects,Smithkline Beecham International, Southeast Asia & India a Fortune 500 company and now known as Glaxo Smithkline.
He has led consultancies for the World Bank and ADB projects and has been a consultant to the UNDP. He is a much sought-after HR and Business Consultant in Sri Lanka.