Woven Garments Merchandising and Costing
|Held on : 14 June - 22 July 2012|
|Venue : Bdjobs Training, BDBL Building (Level 19), 12 Kawran Bazar C/A, Dhaka 1215.|
|No. of Participants : 25|
|No photos found|
|1. Introduction to Merchandising and Role of Merchandisers.
2. Organogram of Garments Buying House and Working relation of Merchandiser with Buying House.
3. Order Sheet Analysis and Orientation with all parts of Woven Garments (Tops and Bottom).
4. Orientation with all Woven Fabrics and their Characteristics in respect of Contents and Construction.
5. Consumption Techniques of Woven Garments (Top).
6. Consumption Techniques of Woven Garments (Bottom).
7. Consumption and Costing Techniques of Garments Accessories including Thread Consumption, Load Calculation, Costing Techniques of Printing< Embroidery, Washing and Embellishment.
8. Garments Costing for FOB, C&F, CIF, CIFT Orders and understanding of LC and other payment mode in Garments Business.
9. Total Activities of Merchandiser from Receiving of Order Sheet up to Shipment and payment realisation including Color Standard, Labdip, Strike Off, Skein etc.
10. Orientation with all types of Samples and Sample Management By Merchandisers.
11. Preparation of Time and Action calendar and Gantt-Chart for Merchandising Follow up.
12. Revision, Question and Answer and Distribution of Certificates to the Attendance.
|Mr. Sajed Khan MBA, TU, USA
Mr. Sajed Khan, Advisory Director and Consultant, Asrotex Group, is the lecturer of BIFT (BGMEA Institute of Fashion and Technology) where he delivers lecture regularly as guest speaker to the students of MBA, Hons, Diploma and Certificate Courses. The major areas of his subject are: Work Study and Time Study, Merchandising and the Role of Merchandiser in Garments Business, Supply Chain Management in Garments Business, Garments Business and the total Modus Operandi of Garments Business, Buying House, Local Agent, Whole Seller and Retailer, Master L/C, Back to Back L/C, FOB Garments Price, C&F Garments Price and CIF Garments Prices and their impact and implication in Garments Business, Color Standard, Labdips and the Lab-Test usually Carried out for Garments, Product Package Analysis for both Knit and Woven, Calculation of Fabric Consumption for both Knit and Woven, Garments Costing for both Knit and Woven, Production Planning of Woven, the Samples involved in garments business and Sample Management, Production Planning of Knitting, Dyeing, Printing, Embroidery, Sewing, Washing and Finishing, Quality Control and Management and their impact on Garments Costing and Production Planning, Factory Compliance and COC, the Universal Code of Ethical Conduct, organizing a factory for any evaluation etc.
Also he served at Opex Group as Executive Director and Head of the Merchandising Department of Leviís Account, at Sunman Group of Companies as Director Merchandising, Planning and Production, at Delta Group of Industries (where he used to look after the total operation of Knitting, Dyeing, Garments, Printing, Embroidery, Planning, Commercial and Finance) as Executive Director, at Harvest Rich as Production and Project Director.
Mr. Khan also delivers lecture at LCMI (Lankan Clothing Management Institute) and NIFT(National Institute of Fashion and Technology) as Guest Speaker on various subjects of garments. He is Course Qualified in Pattern Construction and Pattern Grading and in Garments Quality Control Management. Besides his professional career, he is an MBA From Trinity University, Delware, USA.