Fundamentals of Supply Chain Management
|Held on : 19 - 20 October 2012|
|Venue : Bdjobs Training, BDBL Building (Level 19), 12 Kawran Bazar C/A, Dhaka 1215.|
|No. of Participants : 25|
|No photos found|
1. Introduction to program & learning objective
2. Supply Chain Management (SCM)’and Logistics
3. Drivers in Logistics and SCM: Inventory
4. Drivers in Logistics and SCM: Transportation
5. Drivers in Logistics and SCM: Warehouse
6. The Four Flow of SCM
7. Demand Management and SCM
8. Components of Demand
9. Sales forecasting and related issues of Super Store
10. Working Capital Cycle
11. Basic concept of SCM for retail store (i.e. super shop)
12. Highlights from world famous retail stores like Walmart, Tesco, Ocado etc.
13. Procurement Process of Super Store
14. Frame contract for Super store
15. Tendering process ,Bidding system and TCO
16. Types of Inventory
17. Inventory Planning and Control
18. ABC analysis/ Supply Positioning Model
19. Lead-time Management
20. Learning check session
Wrap up of the day
1. CDC,VMI, CMI, LOB, BPR, and ECR
2. Inventory cost and EOQ
3. Modes of transportation
4. Customized VMI for Super Store
5. Material handling and distribution at Super Store
6. 3PL and 4PL
7. Negotiation in SCM
8. Incoterms 2010
9. Customer Services and Responses at Super Store
10. Case studies of various world famous Super Stores
11. Shipping and related issues
12. Shipping documents & related conventions
13. Logistics and Transportation in Bangladesh
14. Display merchandise attractively at Super Store
15. Get rid of unsold merchandise:
16. Warehouse Management
17. Safety at Warehouse
19. Green Supply Chain
20. Important Glossary of SCM
21. Learning check session
Wrap up of the session
|Shankar Kumar Roy
Mr. Shankar Kumar Roy, currently holding the post of General Manager-Business Development, has been working at Holcim Cement (Bangladesh) Ltd (HBL); a Swiss based Multinational Cement Manufacturer since 1999. During this period at Holcim, he has performed a wide variety of responsibilities, which includes Logistics, Supply Chain Management, CSR, Marketing, Communication, Business Planning, Business Risk Management, Management System, Environment, Safety, and Business Development etc.
Apart from these functional activities at HBL, he is a certified trainer of Project Management Approach (PMA) of HBL, works as a Management Representative (MR) of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001. Mr. Roy also undertakes full responsibility as a coordinator of “Holcim Awards for Sustainable Construction”, a global competition on Sustainable Construction. Besides, Mr. Roy is holding the post of member of Executive Committee (EC) of Switzerland Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce and Industries (SBCCI), Dhaka and the President of Supply Chain Alumni Society (SAS), Dhaka. He is also the life member of Niketon Welfare Society, Gulshan, Dhaka.
Outside HBL; Mr. Roy imparts training on Supply Chain Management (SCM) of ITC/UNCTAD/WTO course at DCCI on regular basis. He is also a regular trainer at BDjobs.com training center, CSDC (Chittagong Skill Development Center), Rapport Bangladesh Ltd, ACI, Squire, Nitol-Niloy Group, URS, BRAC, and ICDDRB. Besides, he also delivers lectures on Management Systems, Sustainable Development, CSR, Customer Relationship Management, Branding and Communication and others at various seminars and at private universities.
Mr. Roy did his M. Com. (Post Graduation in Commerce) from University of Dhaka in 1983. He obtained the degree of Certified Environmental System Manger (CESM) from NERP, USA. In 2011 Mr. Roy obtained International Diploma on Supply Chain Management (SCM) from ITC/UNCTAD/WTO, Geneva, Switzerland. During his long service career, he attended various training courses, ToT program and seminars and traveled extensively at home and abroad (Switzerland, Spain, Italy, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, China, Myanmar, Vietnam and Nepal) in the areas of Business Planning, Business Risk Management, CSR, Project Management, Environmental Management System, Marketing and Communication, Negotiation Skill, Sustainable Development, Fair Competition, Supply Chain Management, Aggregate & Construction Material etc.
Mr. Roy has more than 28 years job experiences in leading multinational and national companies. Mr. Roy started his career in 1983 at Al-Amin Sea Trans Ltd – one of the then largest Shipping organizations in Bangladesh. Subsequently he worked at American Express Bank, Khansons Group, Trans Maritime International Ltd, Prima Maritime Ltd and Multimode Group and Hyundai Cement (Bangladesh) Ltd.
Mr. Roy also authored various articles on Cement Industry, CSR, Sustainable Development, Environment, Safety and others for national dailies in Bangladesh, Newsletters of HBL and Holcim Group.