The course is aimed at developing analytical and communication skills that are necessary for successful business negotiations. The negotiation is described as a complex three-stage process, which consists of preparation, negotiating, and post-negotiation implementation and evaluation.
This course combines both theoretical knowledge of ‘Negotiation’ and practical experience through learning by doing. The students will be engaged in business games, trainings, group discussions and creative tasks.
We are always negotiating while at work or even in our personal lives. It is easy to recognize negotiation at work, but we may not notice that in a way we are continually negotiating at home too – for example, you’re discussing with your wife which restaurant to go to for dinner on a night out.
1. The process of negotiation
2. Its stages, elements & strategies
3. Acquiring skills of a successful negotiator
4. Learning the techniques and developing the flair & finesse that expert negotiators use/have
5. Recognizing the value of win-win negotiations that sustain
6. Applying different negotiation models
7. Knowing the pros & cons of your negotiation style
8. Anticipating the other’s moves & discerning their manipulations & tactics and more…in short, learning how to become an effective negotiator
Delegates successfully completing the course will be able to:
• Describe the actions taken on different stages of negotiations
• Appreciate and explain the importance of pre-negotiation and post-negotiation phases
• List the roles and functions in negotiation teams
• Demonstrate the skills of organizing and managing negotiation teams
• Formulate and apply the instruments of negotiation strategy and tactics
• Identify the zone of possible agreement (ZOPA) in negotiations
• Explain the functions of the best alternative to a negotiated agreement (BATNA); recognize and use BATNA in negotiations
• Distinguish positions from interests in negotiations, discover interests of the other side in negotiations, and create interest maps
• Identify different negotiation scenarios
• Differentiate methods of dealing with conflict according to K. Thomas and R. Kilmann; choose the suitable model as the situation requires
• Differentiate negotiation mental models according to L. Thompson; identify and change the partner’s mental model
• Describe negotiation styles in different cultures; adjust negotiation tactics to cultural differences
Be a presenter who“s rememberedNext Stage/ Career
When Information needs to be disseminated quickly; there is ...Next Stage/ Career
This very hands-on barrier breaking course will give ...Next Stage/ Career
Methods of instruction will include lecturing, discussion, ...Next Stage/ Career
Mohammad Khaleque (Mak)
Soft Skill Consultant, Coach & Trainer
Mohammd Khaleque (Mak) is a coach & soft skills trainer who has more than 41 years of work experience in the airline, hospitality, & training industry.
While working at Emirates Group of Companies from 1979 to 2010 he held key positions in sales, commercial & the Aviation College of Emirates Airlines in Dubai. Prior to coming to Dubai, he worked briefly with British Airways & James Finlay & Co., in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Working as one of the Regional Commercial Managers in Emirates Airlines for nearly ten years he had the privilege of mentoring & coaching many UAE National Management Trainees to take on important positions in Emirates Airlines mostly as Area Managers.
Mak has trained over 40,000 people from various corporates/industries mostly in the United Arab Emirates and also provided coaching services to many others mostly in the area of sales coaching, life coaching & career coaching.
He is an ardent fan of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) - he is a certified NLP Practitioner, Master Practitioner, Train The Trainer, as well as a certified NLP Coach. He brings a host of NLP skills & techniques to his training and coaching business and has been highly successful in making a positive difference in the lives of many that he trained & coached.
Mak is now self-employed and fully engaged in helping his clients through corporate training, one-to-one & group coaching and also dabbling with selling online video courses that include sales, customer service, self-development, leadership and other related soft skills.